The Sims Former Developer, all the villagers operated by all the villagers, Catizens, the cats -the theme of the cats I liked the design of the Animal Crossing bouquet. [Developer interview]

This project is an interview with the developer of the new indie game that you are interested in. This time, we will deliver a mini-interlocked show to developers, Catizens , a cat-centered simulation simulation of cat/Mac for PC/Mac, for PC/Mac on August 16th.

This work is a simulation strategy that runs a cat town and has a battle. The villagers are all cats, and we will develop the colony from small villages to large towns, while conducting agriculture, mining, architecture, adventures, etc. so that we can confront hostile presence hidden in the evil rat and other forests. 。 At the time of writing, it is not compatible with Japanese.

Catizens is being distributed early for 1,840 yen.

— First, please introduce yourself. What is your favorite game?

YANG Shan Lin (Yang) is Yang Shan Lin, the lead developer of this work (the development team is very small and only I am developing in full time). My favorite PC game is World of WarCraft, mainly Hole Priest. I like to lead the guild in the raid and play mythic plus dungeons with friends. My favorite home game is probably the JRPG I played for the first time in the Dreamcast Grandia II.

――Why did this work developed?

Yang I was involved in the development of the AAA title called The Sims, but later I went to a small indie studio, and I really liked the freedom to develop indie games. After a while, I decided to make an indie game myself, but my specialty was a simulation game, so I thought the colony management sim was perfect. The theme of cats was another story, because I liked the bouquet design of Animal Crossing. I wanted to make the appearance of the characters in my game like a bouquet, so I decided to make all the characters really a bouquet as the next step. This is the birth of this work.

―― Please tell me the characteristics of this work.

YANG This work is a game that collects cats. The Internet loves cats. This work is also a management game that is challenging to deal with villagers with habits. I wanted to create a game where players seriously face the villagers.

――What kind of person do you want this work to play?

I want people of a wide range of people to play. This work is a family-friendly game, and the theme is cute. There are relatively few games for women, so I want female players to enjoy it.

――When is an early access planned? What elements will be added in the future?

YANG This early access is scheduled for about 6 months. I plan to add another occupation to cats, and I would like to add various enemies and land types.

――Please tell us your impressions released as an early access.

I have a lot of YANG positive reviews and feedback, which is very honored. Thank you to everyone who played this work! Thanks to you, you can make this work better.

— Is there any work influenced by this work?

YANG This work is influenced by the two games I have been involved in, The Sims and StoneHearth. The cat's appearance and worldview were influenced by the Animal Crossing.

――Do you plan to support this work? Is volunteer translation possible?

YANG Yes, in the future, I would like to respond to other languages, including Japanese. If you are interested in fans or companies, please contact us by email.

――What had an impact on the development of the new Coronavirus?

In the early days of YANG Pandemic (2020), it did not have much effect on development. The whole team was working remotely, so it was almost as usual. The painful thing was that when I had a launch as an early access, I was affected by the new colona. I had to take a bug in a heat and painful situation. It was not a fun task, but it was good that the launch was not delayed.

――Is it okay to distribute or monetize this work?

Yang Yes, of course!

-Finally, please give a message to Japanese readers.

I would be grateful if you could play this work by all means to play this work and help you make it better during early access.

--thank you.

Comments

Popular Posts