Twente goalkeeper Unnerstall: Schalke came too early for me

Lars Unnerstall has long found his luck in the neighboring country. In the Netherlands, the former goalkeeper of FC Schalke 04 has been high in the course for years. The farewell from the Bundesliga had been just the right thing.

At FC Schalke 04 Lars Unnerstall once succeeded. The native of Münsterländer was changed to S04 in the youth of Prussia Münster and then initially only regional league goalkeepers of the royal blue. In the 2011/12 season, the then young Keeper then came to 21 games in the Bundesliga, a year later he played in the Champions League.

However, the final man on Schalke in the long run could not prevail, in January 2014 he left the Ruhr area towards Aarau in Switzerland. "Schalke came too early for me," he said in conversation with "neighboring country1".

The time in Königsblau had been "crazy" as a whole, "I was just one, two year with the professionals and suddenly I played in the Champions League. By saying that Schalke is such a big club, I got a huge attention." That was both "exciting" as well as "stressful".

Uninstall over Schalke 04: "A really cool time"

Unnerstall had "first get used to it" that he was recognized and addressed everywhere. "That was extreme. I could not even go to eat with the family."

Ultimately, he does not regret his six years on Schalke but by no means. "That was a really cool time. There were great games when I only think of the victory at Derby in Dortmund. I played with S04 in the Champions League and Europa League and everything helps me now that I am now these services Can bring to Twente. "

Unnerstall's ascent actually went after his farewell from Germany so really. Even with his three-year engagement at Fortuna Dusseldorf he was not happy. "What exactly, I can not say, there you would have to talk to one or the other trainer again. At my time there was at Fortuna Taskin Aksay, Oliver Reck, Frank Kramer, Peter Hermann, Marco short and Friedhelm Funkel" He recalled today 31-year-old, who has played since last summer for Twente Enschede.

A return to FC Schalke 04 is not an issue for the Routinier. "To play again for Schalke would not be a dream. I do not have to prove something on Schalke or exit something there, just because that was not so happy at that time," says unnerstall. "There will be no conversations, I think."

Comments

Popular Posts